that Autelic will adhere to in all its activities
, and that are also captured in our official statutes, are the following:
- User Centric
- Be "User Centric" in all we do, and how we do it.
- Don't restrict what should be done to produce the best result for the eventual end user.
- Don't take decisions based on business returns (see "Non-Profit", below)
- Open, Collaborative, Transparent
- We are open to interested contributors, and welcome any activities aligned to our stated goals.
- The results of what we do and contributions will be published in the public domain, made available to society, and shared.
- All work is produced following an open source model (software, designs, documents, etc)
- Autelic thinks globally (volunteers for web site translation?) and won't exclude anyone, a donor, collaborator or potential user based on where they live or which language they speak.
We think there are some additional Characteristics of Autelic that will help us reach our goals:-
- Autelic is an officially registered non-profit association (in Spain, where the founders are based), hence by definition we are not pursuing this as a profit-making activity.
- To provide useful services to end users in a sustainable, we expect businesses will need to adopt or be built around our results. We don't rule out being involved in such work, but if so it will be outside of the non-profit association and will not compromise any of our stated goals and principles.
- Not having a current business and users to attend to enables Autelic to be focused on fundamental improvements and allows for new approaches.
- We can break with the past and target non-users of current systems, try new user interfaces, new interaction metaphors… as they won’t be conditioned to existing ones.
- Explore paths without having a defined schedule or deadline to meet.
- Autelic is administered by an independent, elected, board which has no corporate or other entity represented on it.
- The goals and activities are set by Autelic alone.
- This means that we are not focused on short-term financial results, shareholders or analysts.
- Any activity undertaken in conjunction with another entity, or sponsored by them, must be aligned with our goals and other activities.